INPhINIT targets the most motivated PhD candidates by addressing the research areas in which Spain excels: Bio and Health Sciences, Technology, Physics, Engineering and Mathematics. INPhINIT recruits per call 57 Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality, who enjoy a 3-year employment contract.
BCAM – Basque Center for Applied Mathematics http://www.
- COMPUTATIONAL MATHEMATICS (CM)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics - Simulation of Wave Propagation
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics –CFD Computational Technology
- MATHEMATICAL MODELLING WITH MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPLICATIONS (M3A)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics – Modelling and Simulation in Life and Materials Sciences
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics - Mathematical Modelling in Bioscience
- MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS (MP)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics - Quantum Mechanics
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Mathematics - Singularity Theory and Algebraic Geometry
- ANALYSIS OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS (APDE)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Mathematics – Harmonic Analysis (inverse problems)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics – Applied Analysis
- DATA SCIENCE (DS)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics – Applied Statistics (1)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics – Applied Statistics (2)
- Ph.D. Fellowship in Applied Mathematics - Machine Learning
The conditions are the following:
- 3-years contract
- Incorporation date: September /October 2017. January 2018 under extraordinary circumstances.
- 104.400 euros (34.800 euros per year) including salary, employee social security contribution, income taxes and all compulsory employers’ contributions, this is equivalent to a gross salary approx 26.000 euro - 28.000 euro per year.
- 10.692 euros (3.564 euros per year) for research costs such as conferences and workshops attendance, short-stays, consumables and intellectual property costs, among others.
- PhD Award of 7.500 euros will be granted to researchers that submit their thesis within 6 months after the end of the fellowship.
- Complementary training programme:
- Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship workshops by Oxford University Innovation.
- Professional and Career Development sessions by Vitae.
- High-quality academic and industrial secondments.
- Participation in outreach and social events of la Caixa Foundation
- At the time of recruitment (start date of the contract with the Research Centre), candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
- To have completed the studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
- To have completed a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
- Mobility Rule: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Short stays such as holidays will not be taken into account.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
For further information, please visit the following links:
- Guide for applicants: Download the PDF
- Application website: https://www.
- How to apply in BCAM profiles: log-in, click in "Prospective Studies", choose "Basque Center for Applied Mathematics BCAM" and choose the position offered.
- INPhINIT Programme: https://
obrasociallacaixa.org/en/ educacion-becas/becas-de- posgrado/inphinit/about- inphinit